Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where... Have you been Mr. Newb Fisherman?

Where have I been?  I'm glad you ask.  And the answer you've long waited for is...  <drum roll>  Right here.  Just hang'n out.  Not that impressive eh?  Well...  I did do some fishing last spring/summer and I have to say I've learned yet another lesson.  A lesson I really should have learned loooooong ago. 

CHILL OUT ZIPPER HEAD!  DON'T OVER DO IT!

Yeeeeah.  So last summer I was out fishing pretty much every weekend for about 3 months.  In the end, what really burnt me out was trying to learn how to fish Salmon from shore.  I struggled with this and it nearly cost me my interested in fishing for good.

The next lesson?

If you really enjoy fishing, but you find your self trying something new and it's not working out for you, let it go...  Or move onto trying the next something new.  I don't care what anyone says, I'm holding off on the whole Salmon fishing thing until I can get a boat.  So it'll be a while.  Few other things on the priority list. 

Anywho... I'm back... I think... And ready for some new adventure.  Think I'm going to see if I can make my eldest boy regret asking to go fishing.  :-)  Let's see how is 9 year old autistic patience plays out.  Wish'em luck!
_____________________________________________________

Make sure to check out A Newbs Beginners Guide in How to Fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment